Saturday, February 9, 2008

I Guess Kids look Up to Me

Well, the 4.6km time trial was a little ugly. We got about 3 inches of snow last night, combined with the rain the day before, it made for slow and slippery conditions. I was running by myself right from the get go, and i could feel my hamstrings and calves getting tighter as the run went on. I finished exactly one minute from my best time done last April, so considering the conditions, i will take it.

So I went to the local YMCA to talk to the kids triathlon group. It went well, I think that i satisfied their curiosity with all of my experiences(all 3 of them) and how much i train. They seemed pretty interested to hear about my goals. I then talked to them about how loving the sport and having a free attitude should come above anything else. I think that i met all of their needs. It feels good to have helped these kids on their way to hopefully becoming succesful triathletes. I even had one little kid and his dad approach me after my speech to talk to me about the best approach to getting into the sport. 10 days until florida.

No comments: